It's no secret at this point that Apple has a yearly release cycle for all of their gadgets... So here we are again, one year after the let down that was the iPhone 4S unveiling and the rumor mill has been working over time, as usual.
Let me break down what I believe will be announced at this event...
In order from "most confident" to "least confident":
- New iPhone (um duhhhh)
- iPhone with LTE - the only person I've seen dispute this is Ryan Block from gdgt.com
- iPhone will have a new larger display (vertically)
- iPhone with 802.11n on the 5GHz band.
- New two-toned brushed metal style back.
- Say bye bye to the old "dock style" - say hello to a newer smaller dock. (Is it just me or do all the leaked images look similar to microUSB? I know it won't be though...)
- Will it be called the iPhone 5 or "New iPhone" - jury is still out since my other post was debunked, but we shall see...
- No iPad Mini - not today at least... I'm with John Gruber on this one - they will hold a separate event for the new iPad Mini later this month.
- No new major US carrier partnerships. Due to my current employment situation I'm going to refrain from commenting on anything relating to the iPhone on T-Mobile and direct you to my buddy David Beren's site: TMoNews.com.
- No NFC - apparently this is due to the new brushed metal style back. I hate to say it, but I believe they're going to skip NFC. BUT if they do announce it - it will be in a very roundabout way.
- No Fingerprint scanner - I can't remember exactly where I heard this rumor, but it's just preposterous.
Here are the times that the event will start to go down:
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern