Starting tomorrow, the Droid is poised to join the Nexus One as the only other Android 2.1 handset on the market. Verizon has already updated their support page with a change log of sorts (PDF) as well as instructions for updating your Droid. Look for the rollout to start tomorrow, March 18th at 12:00PM EST in waves of around 250,000 each. If you don't see it right away, just sit tight for a bit.
Among the changes Droid owners can expect:
- Pinch-to-zoom in the browser, gallery, and Google Maps.
- Weather and News app/widget.
- Support for voice-to-text entry - tap the microphone icon on the virtual keyboard and speak.
- New Gallery application with 3D layout.
- Live Wallpapers
Might We Suggest...
- Motorola’s Droid Update Detailed, Sorta
It's already publicly known that Motorola plans to roll out an update to the Droid which will see it pick up Android 2.1. We're waiting for the update to hit, literally any day now. As we wait f...