With only a few hours to spare we all (ok well SOME of us) await on baited breath on Mr Jobs to descend from the mothership clouds and give us the good word on iOS 5, Mac OS X Lion, and iCloud.
iCloud will offer streaming music from "the cloud" iCloud will effectively replace MobileMe Apple TV update to support iCloud
Here are a few of my predictions:
- iOS 5 will have a revamped notification
- iOS 5 will include an "automatically download application updates" feature
- iOS 5 will not be made available on the iPhone 3G, 3Gs, or any models prior to the iPhone 4
- IF there is a new iPhone announced - it will be a minor revision (think 3G to 3Gs)
- It'll be enough to wet everyone's appetite and bring out there credit cards, but nothing spectacular
- Wouldn't be shocked if there were a dual core processor
- No 4G (of any kind - LTE, HSPA+, WiMax, whatever - none)
- Simultaneous launch on both current US carriers (AT&T & Verizon)
- No new US carriers announced - sorry Sprint & T-Mobile fans
- You won't have to upload anything
- Stream to any of your 5 PC's your iTunes account is attached to as well as your iOS devices
- Free ad-based version with restrictions
- Paid version for about $25/yr with no restrictions/ads
- Maybe apps, but this is a long-shot...
Now lets sit back, relax, and watch Master Steve preach the Apple Gospel.